Resident Life Coach — Weekend Afternoon JobWaxahachie, TEXAS 34133
Why You'll Love This Job
The Resident Life Coach works directly with adult residents with intellectual, cognitive or developmental disabilities. Daymark Living is a groundbreaking campus where adults with intellectual, cognitive or development disabilities can live, learn, and thrive. The campus sits on 40 acres near historic downtown Waxahachie and includes 28 cottages and community buildings for dining, fitness and education. The Resident Life Coach is special needs teacher and caregiver support person responsible for assisting adults with special needs learn independent living skills by planning and coordinating opportunities for residents that promote a level of health, well-being, engagement and growth.
Multiple shifts are available.
Assists in planning, scheduling and conducting activities and programs that provide physical, intellectual, social, vocational, emotional and spiritual opportunities for the residents.
Provide assistance in learning life skills such as cooking, cleaning, shopping, budgeting, hygiene and appropriate social interaction
Works with other Coaches in functions and assists in coordinating events from beginning to end including setup, running, and breaking down for the event
Provides ongoing communication and interaction with residents.
Organizes and supervises volunteer staff.
May accompany and drive residents to off-site activities or employment.
Addresses resident groups and other groups on subjects of common interest.
Documents incidents, resident activity participation and progress on goals.
Interacts with residents, guests and staff in at atmosphere of hospitality.
Protects the privacy of the resident when communicating oral and written information.
Skills & Qualifications
- Require one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer one or more years experience working with adults with IDD
- Satisfactory MVR for persons who will drive.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree and training in Special Education, Activity Therapy, Recreation Therapy, or Music Therapy.
- Must at all times meet background checks as well as employability conditions of the Employee Misconduct Registry (EMR) and Nurse Aid Registry (NAR), as maintained by Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities (TDADS)